Band Trip - Vancouver 2019
The BCHS and BJHS band trips are an annual event with destinations varying every year. This year, the destination is Vancouver, BC, to take part in the Fraser Valley Kiwanis Band Festival. It will truly be a unique experience for BCHS and BJHS Band students as they will meet other musicians from around Canada and receive high quality teaching and adjudication. The cost to attend the festival is based on individual pricing because it includes many things other than festival attendance. Please see below for trip inclusions.
- Private charter buses (2 x 56 seat buses) for transfers, touring and sightseeing as per the suggested itinerary.
- 3 star hotel accommodation (4 Nights). Cost is based on 70 students in 19 quad rooms and 8 adults in 4 twin rooms.
- Registration fees for Kiwanis Festival for 2 bands.
- Performances as per suggested itinerary.
- Breakfasts as per Itinerary (4).
- Dinners as per Itinerary (1).
- Site entrances as per Itinerary.
- Guided sightseeing tour of Vancouver – 1 guide per bus.
- Activities as per Itinerary.
- One evening transfer to your hotel by 2 school buses.
- Services of Educational World Tours.
- Drivers’ accommodation, tips and expenses where necessary.
- All local taxes.
Activities will include concerts in Vancouver elementary schools (or other public venues), visits to the Vancouver Aquarium and the Telus World of Science, and the Fraser Valley Kiwanis Music Festival which includes adjudications and clinics.
Medical insurance for travel must be purchased by parents for the student.
The trip is scheduled to take 5 days, 4 nights and is scheduled for the week of May 12-16. All BCHS and BJHS Concert band students are encouraged to attend. Transportation will consist of chartered motor coach. Numbers of attending students have yet to be firmed up and will determine the final cost per student.
Students and chaperones that are attending this trip are required to submit a $150 non-refundable deposit by Oct 26th with other non-refundable payments due as the year progresses. At this point, we have chaperone openings left for any parents that wish to support us on this trip by serving as a chaperone. Some of the cost will be subsidized for chaperones by the NCBA.
Students are taking part in fundraising activities throughout the year to help reduce this experience’s cost. Actual fundraising amounts cannot be determined until our final activity in Feb, 2019. For the purposes of satisfying Grassland policy, the following represents the budget for the trip.
Based on 70 paying students and 8 subsidized chaperones = $550 per person. This price may change if numbers reduce.
Payment schedule: All payments are nonrefundable.
Down payment: $150 Oct 26th , 2018
Second payment of $150 Nov 30th 2018
Remainder: March 1st, 2019